Stiftelsen Guts søker Vernepleier, eller deg med relevant utdannelse for Stiftelsen Guts29 september, 2019
lege/overlege for NAV ARBEID OG YTELSER29 september, 2019
Play your part in delivering lifesaving aid
Norwegian Red Cross is a member of the world wide Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian organization. Our international work is focused on humanitarian preparedness and response, and is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Disaster Risk Management (DRM) unit is an Oslo-based part of the International Programs & Preparedness department, responsible for response to global emergencies. The focus areas for response is within health and water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH). The response capacity of the organization is comprised of Red Cross Emergency Hospital and Clinic, stored in Norway and deployed anywhere in the world, as well as other response solutions currently being developed within the area of Public Health and WASH.
The Logistics Team is part of the DRM unit and is directly responsible for the material preparedness and deployment to emergency operations, as well as support to trainings and recruitment of emergency roster delegates. The main value added of the team is the product knowledge of the different response solutions, the development and maintenance of the deployment mechanisms to emergencies and operation support to these operations.
The position is part of the DRM unit and reports to the Logistics Team Leader. The working language of the DRM unit and International Programs and Preparedness department is English.
The Medical Logistics Coordinator is specifically responsible for ensuring the definition of specifications, with input from relevant technical advisors, procurement and maintenance of medicines, medical modules and bio-medical equipment. The role will also require innovative thinking as the organization further develops and adapts its capacity to a modern and digitalised context.
- Optimizing and ensuring cost-effective set-up and processes for handling of medicines, medical consumables and medical equipment at the national office and at field level based on lessons learned from own and RCRC movement partner experience as well as humanitarian sector best practice
- Actively following innovation, research and development opportunities in the medical/ medical-technical field to explore possibilities for making them relevant and applicable within NorCross health in emergencies incl. active outreach to other relevant actors
- Actively contribute to the digitalization and improvement of logistics system used in the management of preparedness stocks, deployment of equipment and operational support
- Development of partnerships and framework agreements with other humanitarian actors and suppliers
- Ensuring the preparedness for timely and efficient deployment of medicines, medical consumables and medical equipment, replenish stocks and supply field operations.
- Conduct demand planning, procurement and inventory control in function of the above task
- Manage contracts with suppliers and service providers, including key account manager for warehousing provider
- Responsibility to ensure necessary reporting according to internal & external requirements
- Actively support on-going emergency operations with resupply and advising in relevant areas of work (medical logistics management and medicines/equipment knowledge)
- Available upon request to support short-, medium-term field operations (from 2-3 days to 4-5 weeks)
- Contribute to trainings and delegate briefings/debriefings
Skills and background required
- Previous experience with an ERP or other logistics management system
- Degree in pharmacy, nursing or medical logistics (MSc)
- Excellent collaboration skills, shares knowledge, experience and information
- Result oriented and large work capacity
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organisational skills and proven successful experience with organising events
- Fluency in English essential. Good knowledge of Norwegian (B2 / Bergenstest) an asset
- Red Cross Movement experience, particularly ICRC experience, an asset
- Applicants without a valid permit to live and work in Norway will be considered ineligible for the position.
- Valid Driver’s license
What we offer:
- You will be part of an operations global emergency response unit within Norwegian Red Cross
- Meaningful and exciting tasks in Norway’s largest humanitarian organisation
- Salary by agreement
- Membership in Statens Pensjonskasse
The position will require work outside regular working hours, dependent on emergency interventions. Travel required.
Norwegian Red Cross values diversity. We encourage all qualified people to apply, regardless of age, sex, disability, religious or ethnic background.
For more information related to the position, please contact Breno Horsth via email or +47 451 78 681.
Stillingsnummer: 0316-2019-09-691 (Oppgis ved kontakt med NAV)
Kilde: Overført fra PAM annonsemottak